GREEK LIFE EDU
Within these pages are the basic resources that provide information about GreekLifeEdu, as well as a short intructional resource on how to utilize the program as a New Associate. Additionally, all members may contact the International Headquarters with any questions regarding the program and its use.
Providing risk management and alcohol education is an extremely important aspect of helping our members make solid decisions. Learning about alcohol and the effects of alcohol is important to us all. Phi Sigma Kappa’s approach to alcohol education is a matter of health and safety for the entire duration of a member’s life.
Phi Sigma Kappa remains committed to providing current information so our members are aware of the health implications of alcohol use and training so our members will be equipped to make appropriate personal decisions. A new specific form of training is GreekLifeEdu, a program that is supported by grants from the Phi Sigma Kappa Foundation.
GreekLifeEdu uses science-based research to educate students. It is a non-opinionated course that aims not to tell one what to think but to help one make decisions for oneself and effectively deal with the behavior of one’s peers. Guaranteeing that all members and new members have been provided with educational materials on these potential risk areas will help us achieve our ultimate goal of ensuring our members have a positive experience as part of Phi Sigma Kappa as well as within their larger collegiate environment.
Each year the Foundation funds specific programming to further pursue the Fraternity’s mission and vision. Donations made to the Phi Sigma Kappa Foundation will make it possible for more Phi Sigma Kappa members to benefit from exceptional training such as this, and future training and initiatives that the Fraternity pursues.
New member requirements
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
You are expected to complete Part 1 of GreekLifeEdu with a grade of 70% or higher PRIOR to initiation. Part 1 will take approximately 60 minutes to complete. If you do not complete, your chapter will not be able to initiate the new member class and this will cause a delay in reporting which may cause the chapter to receive a $25 late reporting fee.
To fulfill the Phi Sigma Kappa requirement:
- Login to your myPhiSig account (created from validation email).
- Complete Part 1 of GreekLifeEdu prior to initiation. Which can be found in the tab at the top of the myPhiSig page.
- After 30-45 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of GreekLifeEdu. Part 2 will take up to 30 minutes to complete.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; Phi Sigma Kappa will only receive information about the membership as a whole and will never see individual members’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
- Thank you, and enjoy the course! Please feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback.